Products We Offer
Big Block Chevy Serpentine Belt Conversion Kit
Additional parts needed to complete the engine (not included in this kit):
- High quality 6061-T6 heat-treated aluminum adapter plates, produced by
computer controlled ultra-high-pressure water jet.
- All nuts and bolts to attach the adapter plates and GM brackets to a big
block Chevy engine. Note: Both 3/8 and 7/16 bolts are included for the
passenger side head, since the holes vary for different years.
- Instructions with diagrams and pictures
- Driver side and passenger side aluminum drive brackets off of a Chevy
truck engine listed above. The brackets should include the idler and
- Air conditioner compressor and pulley, alternator and pulley, and power
steering pump and pulley off the donor engine. Note: A good reason to use
a 1994 and up compressor is that the compressor will use R134a refrigerant.
- A water pump pulley off the donor engine. Do not use a pulley with a
groove. The belt surface must be smooth. GM part number is 10085760.
- A reverse rotation water pump off of a 1988-1999 454 engine. This is
considered a “long” pump, and is 7 5/16” from block to fan mounting surface.
- A big-block crankshaft pulley, GM part number 10085753. Note: This
pulley is difficult to obtain from GM. See our accessories page for
an adapter that will let you use your SBC or V6 crank pulley.
- Serpentine belt. Part number and length is shown in the instructions. A tall
deck engine will require a belt that is about 1" longer.
- A new thermostat housing may be needed to allow the upper radiator hose
to clear the alternator. The Chevelle shown is using a swivel-neck housing.
Upper radiator hose will probably need to change, but your vehicle's stock
big-block lower hose, should work
These adapter plates let you bolt on factory small block Chevy and V6 serpentine brackets to
your big block Chevy engine.
Get late model looks, reliability, and performance from your Rat without paying big bucks or scouring the
salvage yards for a rare factory BBC setup.
Your engine will look like it has the factory cast aluminum setup that GM never made, but should have!
Fits standard or tall deck engines.
Obtain your factory brackets from two different donor truck groups:
|Copyright 2007-2010 Kwik Performance, Inc.
All rights reserved
Note: AC and alternator sit 1/4" higher on a tall deck engine.
|Featured in November
2009 issue of:
Can't find a BBC crank pulley? Use our adapter with your SBC or V6 pulley!
Convert your Big Block Chevy to an inexpensive
serpentine system. Kwik and easy!
1. "Early" Chevy trucks
1990-1995 Full size trucks: V8 5.7L, V8 5.0L, and V6 4.3L
1987-1995 S10 pickups and S10 Blazers: V6 4.3L
2. "Late" Chevy trucks
1996-1998 Full size trucks: V8 Vortec 5.7L, V8 Vortec 5.0L
1996-2013 Full size trucks: V6 4.3L
1996-2004 S10 pickups and S10 Blazers: V6 4.3L
Dimensions for "early" conversion: