Mount the Sanden mini compressor “High and Tight.”
For LS engines with Truck/SUV (1999-2013) and Camaro (2010-15) crank pulley and water pump spacing.
A narrow AC bracket that mounts the “mini” Sanden SD7B10 (7176) compressor in front of the passenger’s side cylinder head.
The system is driven by one main 6-rib serpentine belt.
This configuration is perfect solution for LS swaps in:
- Early trucks (pre-1955)
- Classic street rods (pre1948)
- Bracket made of 6061-T6 aircraft grade aluminum (brushed satin finish)
- All necessary spacers and zinc coated fasteners
- Automatic spring-style belt tensioner
- GM LS Gen 3 or 4 engine with Truck/SUV (1999-2013) or Camaro (2010-15) harmonic balancer and water pump
- Six-rib belt, See our included installation instructions for suggested lengths and Gates part numbers.
- Alternator rating and PS pulley diameters can change suggested lengths.
- Always check tensioner marks for correct fitment.
- Vintage Air “mini” AC compressor (also known as SD7B10)
- View the SD7B10 (7176) AC compressor: (Kwik Performance PN 10266-01).
- This AC compressor also requires a manifold style fitting kit
- Properly engineered using OEM reference drawings
- Computer tested with FEA (finite element analysis) software
- Field tested on shop test engines and in real-world test vehicles
- Backed by a no-hassle warranty and return policy
- Tech support before, during and after the sale
- The short answer is yes!
- A proper capacity AC condenser is the real hero keeping you cool when it’s hot out there.
- The few exceptions to this would be 1960’s and later Suburbans and Station Wagons
- Here is where you should start considering the larger compressor
- GM made a fantastic engine with the LS design, but they didn’t always put the accessories in the best location for us engine-swapping hotrodders.
By locating the AC compressor in front of the passenger side cylinder head you solve the possible fender and frame clearance issues with vehicles such as:
- Early trucks
- Chevy Master (1933-42)
- AK series (1941-47)
- Advance Design (1947-55)
- Early street rods (pre 1948)
- Early trucks
- Many OEM AC compressors are a “variable displacement” design and don’t work well with older OEM or aftermarket AC systems
- The OEM compressors have a 4-groove pulley instead of the 6-groove needed when moving the compressor to a higher location
- Vintage Air uses both Sanden and TCCI (Vue)
- Sanden is the aftermarket standard for AC compressors, recommended by most major AC manufacturers
- "TCCI (Vue) is a Tier 1 OEM supplier whose quality is identical to Sanden and in the opinion of Vintage Air interchangeable."
-Rick Love, President, Vintage Air
Teams up perfectly with our narrow Street Rod alternator/power-steering bracket K10209
Teams up perfectly with our Wide Mount alternator/power-steering bracket K10168
- Check dimensions for fender clearance if application is early Truck or Street Rod.
Works with your OEM alternator/power-steering bracket
- LS Truck (1999-2013)
- Camaros (2010-2015)
(8am to 6pm CST)