LT Truck (6.6L L8T) AC/PS Bracket
AC and Power Steering bracket system for Gen 5 LT truck engines with centered water pump.
Add hydraulic power steering (pump included) to your LT engine swap.
Relocates Sanden AC compressor and adds Type 2 power steering to the driverís side of the engine.
Requires use of GM water pump used on 2019 and later truck engines, L82, L84, L87 and L8T.
- Note: The water pump housing must have a machined surface on the passengerís side of the casting to accept an L8T belt tensioner. The following casting numbers can be found on the face of the water pump housing: 12383468, 12687631, 12707680, 12708893.
Some 1500 pickups with 5.3L and 6.2L engines (L82 L84 and L87) have the centered water pump but did not use a spring-loaded tensioner and therefore the casting was not machined. For example, some, but not all of casting number 12383468 are machined.
All 6.6L (L8T) engines use a spring-loaded tensioner and will have the correct water pump, casting number 12707680.
Engines from 2014-18 (L83 and L86) have the water pump offset to the driverís side. However, the centered water pump mentioned above will bolt up to these earlier engines. If you want to keep the offset water pump, check out our AC/PS bracket found here: LT Truck (14-19) AC-Alt/PS Bracket: (Kwik Performance PN K10438).Download Installation Instructions (Adobe pdf File)
- Bracket made of 6061-T6 aircraft grade aluminum (brushed satin finish)
- All necessary spacers and zinc coated fasteners
- Power Steering Pump
- Power Steering Reservoir
- Idler Pulleys
- GM LT Gen 5 engine with truck (2014+) harmonic balancer
- LT Truck alternator (uses OEM bracket and location)
- Gen 5 truck water pump with centered pulley (see above)
- L8T (6.6L) belt tensioner and idler pulley assembly
- Six-rib belt (Gates K061005)
- Complete Gates belt chart available here. GATES BELT CHART
- Alternator rating and PS pulley diameters can change suggested lengths.
- Always check tensioner marks for correct fitment.
- Sanden SD709 AC compressor (also known as SD7H15)
- We recommend the 709 over the 508 compressor for smoother operation and slightly more cooling capacity.
- Power Steering hose kit
- View the SD7H15 AC compressor: (Kwik Performance PN 10300-01).
- View our Hose Kit: (Kwik Performance PN K10548).
- Properly engineered using OEM reference drawings
- Computer tested with FEA (finite element analysis) software
- Field tested on shop test engines and in real-world test vehicles
- Backed by a no-hassle warranty and return policy
- Tech support before, during and after the sale
- GM made a fantastic engine with the LT design, but they didnít always put the accessories in the best location for us engine-swapping hotrodders.
By locating the AC compressor just outside the driver side cylinder head you solve the possible frame clearance issues with chassis such as:
- 1st Gen (1967-69)
- 2nd Gen (1970-81)
- 3rd Gen (1982-92)
- Chevelle (and other A-body cars, 1964-77)
- Malibu (and other G-Body cars, 1978-88)
- Full size Chevy pickups (1955+)
- S10 pickups and S10 Blazers (1982-2004)
- Many OEM AC compressors are a ďvariable displacementĒ design and donít work well with older OEM or aftermarket AC systems
- The OEM compressors have a 4-groove pulley instead of the 6-groove needed when moving the compressor to a higher location
- Sanden is the aftermarket standard for AC compressors, recommended by most major AC manufacturers
(8am to 6pm CST)