AC - Power Steering bracket system for LT Camaro engines (2016+).
Relocate Sanden AC compressor to outside driver cylinder head.
Add hydraulic power steering (pump included) to your LT engine swap.Download Installation Instructions (Adobe pdf File)
- Bracket made of 6061-T6 aircraft grade aluminum (brushed satin finish)
- All necessary spacers and zinc coated fasteners
- Power Steering Pump
- Power Steering Reservoir (feed hose included)
- Idler Pulleys
- GM LT Gen 5 engine with Camaro (2016+) harmonic balancer and water pump
- LT Camaro alternator (uses OEM bracket and location)
- Six-rib belt (Gates K061073)
- Complete Gates belt chart available here. GATES BELT CHART
- Alternator rating and PS pulley diameters can change suggested lengths.
- Always check tensioner marks for correct fitment.
- Sanden SD709 AC compressor (also known as SD7H15)
- We recommend the 709 over the 508 compressor for smoother operation and slightly more cooling capacity.
- View the SD7H15 AC compressor: (Kwik Performance PN 10300-01).
- Properly engineered using OEM reference drawings
- Computer tested with FEA (finite element analysis) software
- Field tested on shop test engines and in real-world test vehicles
- Backed by a no-hassle warranty and return policy
- Tech support before, during and after the sale
- GM made a fantastic engine with the LT design, but they didn’t always put the accessories in the best location for us engine-swapping hotrodders.
By locating the AC compressor just outside the driver side cylinder head you solve the possible frame clearance issues with chassis such as:
- 1st Gen (1967-69)
- 2nd Gen (1970-81)
- 3rd Gen (1982-92)
- Chevelle (and other A-body cars, 1964-77)
- Malibu (and other G-Body cars, 1978-88)
- Full size Chevy pickups (1955+)
- S10 pickups and S10 Blazers (1982-2004)
- Many OEM AC compressors are a “variable displacement” design and don’t work well with older OEM or aftermarket AC systems
- The OEM compressors have a 4-groove pulley instead of the 6-groove needed when moving the compressor to a higher location
- Sanden is the aftermarket standard for AC compressors, recommended by most major AC manufacturers
(8am to 6pm CST)