Big Block serpentine AC-Alt/PS upgrade system (508/709 AC compressor).
This bracket system mounts the AC compressor to the side of the passenger cylinder head.
The alternator and power steering are tucked in tight in front of the driver side for maximum steering box clearance.
The system is driven by one main 6-rib serpentine belt.
Fits all Mark IV, Gen 5* and Gen 6* big block Chevy engines (standard or tall deck) from 366 to 572 cubic inches.
Big Block Spotters Guide (Adobe pdf File)
- Brackets made of 6061-T6 aircraft grade aluminum (brushed satin finish)
- All necessary spacers and zinc coated fasteners
- Power Steering Pump
- Automatic spring-style tensioner
- Idler Pulleys
- Water Pump pulley
- SBC crank pulley with BBC (1966-93) crank pulley adapter
- *If your BBC engine is a (1994-2000):
- Call us and we will make sure you get the correct adapter
- GM BBC engine (1966-1993) -or (1994-2000)*
- 366, 396, 402, 427, 454, 502, 572
- Six-rib belt, See our included installation instructions for suggested lengths and Gates part numbers.
- Alternator rating and PS pulley diameters can change suggested lengths.
- Always check tensioner marks for correct fitment.
- Vintage Air 508 or 709 AC compressor
- We recommend the 709 over the 508 compressor for smoother operation and slightly more cooling capacity.
- View the SD7H15 AC compressor: (Kwik Performance PN 10300-01).
- CS130 (serpentine) Alternator (GM Truck 1990-1995)
- View our PowerMaster 1-wire alternator: (Kwik Performance PN 47861).
- Remote-style Power Steering Reservoir
- A reverse rotation water pump off of a 1988-1999 454 engine.
- This is considered a "long" pump and is 7 5/16" from block to fan mounting surface.
- View the Gates replacement Water Pump: (Kwik Performance PN 44030).
- Properly engineered using OEM reference drawings
- Computer tested with FEA (finite element analysis) software
- Field tested on shop test engines and in real-world test vehicles
- Backed by a no-hassle warranty and return policy
- Tech support before, during and after the sale
- Vintage Air uses both Sanden and TCCI (Vue)
- Sanden is the aftermarket standard for AC compressors, recommended by most major AC manufacturers
- "TCCI (Vue) is a Tier 1 OEM supplier whose quality is identical to Sanden and in the opinion of Vintage Air interchangeable."
-Rick Love, President, Vintage Air
(8am to 6pm CST)