Small Block serpentine AC-Alt/PS upgrade system (“mini” AC compressor).
This bracket system mounts the “mini” Sanden SD7B10 (7176) compressor in front of the passenger’s side cylinder head.
The alternator and power steering are tucked in tight in front of the driver side for maximum steering box clearance.
The system is driven by one main 6-rib serpentine belt.
Fits all classic Gen 1 SBC engines (1969 and later) or requires cylinder head with at least one threaded hole on passenger side.
Clears tall valve covers.
- Brackets made of 6061-T6 aircraft grade aluminum (brushed satin finish)
- All necessary spacers and zinc coated fasteners
- Automatic spring-style tensioner
- Idler Pulleys
- Water Pump pulley
- SBC crank pulley
- GM SBC engine (1969 and later)
- Six-rib belt, See our included installation instructions for suggested lengths and Gates part numbers.
- Complete Gates belt chart available here. GATES BELT CHART
- Alternator rating and PS pulley diameters can change suggested lengths.
- Always check tensioner marks for correct fitment.
- Sanden “mini” AC compressor (also known as SD7B10)
- View the SD7B10 (7176) AC compressor: (Kwik Performance PN 10266-01).
- This AC compressor also requires a manifold style fitting kit
- CS130 (serpentine) Alternator (GM Truck 1990-1995)
- View our PowerMaster 1-wire alternator: (Kwik Performance PN 47861).
- Power Steering Pump
- Kwik Performance pump with 5.5” pulley: 10206-06
- Pictured above is pump with attached reservoir. (Special Order. Call for availability.)
- Remote-style Power Steering Reservoir
- A reverse rotation water pump off of a 350 Truck engine (1988-1995).
- Properly engineered using OEM reference drawings
- Computer tested with FEA (finite element analysis) software
- Field tested on shop test engines and in real-world test vehicles
- Backed by a no-hassle warranty and return policy
- Tech support before, during and after the sale
- Many OEM AC compressors are a “variable displacement” design and don’t work well with older OEM or aftermarket AC systems
- The OEM compressors have a 4-groove pulley instead of the 6-groove needed when moving the compressor to a higher location
- Sanden is the aftermarket standard for AC compressors, recommended by most major AC manufacturers
(8am to 6pm CST)