Kit adapts early (pre-1995) SBC V8 / V6 serpentine brackets to your BBC engine.
Upgrade your Big Block Chevy to an inexpensive serpentine system.
Includes crank pulley adapter for BBC engines (1966-1993)
- These adapter plates let you bolt on OEM SBC serpentine brackets to your BBC engine.
- Get late model looks, reliability, and performance without the Chevrolet Performance price tag.
- Fits standard and tall deck engines.
- 1990-1995 Full Size Trucks: V8 5.7L, V8 5.0L, and V6 4.3L
- 1987-1995 S10 Pickups and S10 Blazers: V6 4.3L
- Adapter plates made of 6061-T6 aircraft grade aluminum (brushed satin finish)
- CNC machined crank pulley adapter
- Zinc coated fasteners
- Bolts for adapter plates AND to attach OEM brackets included
- Both 3/8 and 7/16 bolts are included for the passenger side head, since the holes vary for different years
- GM BBC engine (1966-1993)
- 366, 396, 402, 427, 454, 502, 572
- AC and Alt/PS aluminum drive brackets off of a GM Truck engine listed above.
- The brackets should include the idler and tensioner.
- Air conditioner compressor (from donor vehicle)
- Note: A good reason to use a 1994 and up compressor is that the compressor will use R134a refrigerant.
- Alternator (from donor vehicle)
- Power Steering Pump(from donor vehicle)
- A smooth water pump pulley is required (GM part number 10085760 or 19418445)
- Donor engines should have the correct pulley. (The pulley with flanges does not work)
- View the Water Pump Pulley: (Kwik Performance PN 19418445).
- A reverse rotation water pump off of a 1988-1999 454 engine.
- This is considered a "long" pump and is 7 5/16" from block to fan mounting surface.
- View the Gates replacement Water Pump: (Kwik Performance PN 44030).
- A small-block crankshaft pulley (from donor vehicle)
- Donor engine didn't come with crank pulley? We've got you covered: SBC Crank Pulley: (Kwik Performance PN 10085754).
- Six-rib belt, See our included installation instructions for suggested lengths and Gates part numbers.
- Alternator rating and PS pulley diameters can change suggested lengths.
- Always check tensioner marks for correct fitment.
- A tall deck engine will require a belt that is about 1" longer.
- A new thermostat housing may be needed to allow the upper radiator hose to clear the alternator.
- The Chevelle shown is using a swivel-neck housing.
- Upper radiator hose will probably need to change, but your vehicle's stock big-block lower hose, should work.
Why you should use a Kwik Performance product:
- Properly engineered using OEM reference drawings
- Computer tested with FEA (finite element analysis) software
- Field tested on shop test engines and in real-world test vehicles
- Backed by a no-hassle warranty and return policy
- Tech support before, during and after the sale
(8am to 6pm CST)