R4 to Sanden “mini” 7176 (SD7B10) AC compressor conversion
Adapter bracket allows replacement of GM R4 AC compressor with Sanden SD7B10—7176 “mini” compressor. This kit allows you to reuse the OEM mounting bracket. The kit will replace any R4 that used a 6-groove serpentine-style pulley, SBC or BBC. Sanden compressor is compact enough to clear tall valve covers.
Download Installation Instructions (Adobe pdf File) for K10606 R4 Sanden conv.
- Adapter brackets to bolt the Sanden compressor and to the R4 bracket.
- All necessary hardware is included.
- Adapter plates are painted black.
- Sanden “mini” AC compressor (also known as SD7B10)
- View the SD7B10 (7176) AC compressor: (Kwik Performance PN 10266-01).
- This AC compressor also requires a manifold style fitting kit
- View the Straight Manifold (Kwik Performance PN K10550).
- View the Curved Manifold (Kwik Performance PN 342310).
- New AC hoses or new crimp-on fittings on existing hoses will be required to convert from the R4 manifold block to new O-ring style swivel fittings to match compressor fittings mentioned above.
- Six-rib belt. Belt length will vary depending on application. The Sanden pulley diameter is slightly larger than the R4 and the center line is shifted slightly. We recommend starting with a belt approximately 1” longer than what was used with the R4.
- Complete Gates belt chart available here. GATES BELT CHART
- Tech support before, during and after the sale
- Backed by a no-hassle warranty and return policy
- Properly engineered using OEM reference drawings
- Computer tested with FEA (finite element analysis) software
- Field tested on shop test engines and in real-world test vehicles
(8am to 6pm CST)