Wide-Mount AC relocation bracket for LS engines with Camaro F-Body (1998-2002) or GTO (2004-06) crank pulley and water pump spacing.
This bracket mounts the popular Sanden compressor just outside the passenger’s side valve cover and is driven by one main 6-rib serpentine belt.
This configuration is popular in classic muscle cars because it maintains low hood clearance without being as wide as some of our competitors.
Our overall width is just 16.26” from the center of the engine to the outer edge of the compressor.
- Bracket made of 6061-T6 aircraft grade aluminum (brushed satin finish)
- All necessary spacers and zinc coated fasteners
- Automatic spring-style belt tensioner
- Idler Pulley
- GM LS Gen 3 or 4 engine with Camaro F-Body (1998-2002) or GTO (2004-06) harmonic balancer and water pump
- Six-rib belt, See our included installation instructions for suggested lengths and Gates part numbers.
- Alternator rating and PS pulley diameters can change suggested lengths.
- Always check tensioner marks for correct fitment.
- Sanden SD709 AC compressor (also known as SD7H15)
- We recommend the 709 over the 508 compressor for smoother operation and slightly more cooling capacity.
- View the SD7H15 AC compressor: (Kwik Performance PN 10300-01).
- Properly engineered using OEM reference drawings
- Computer tested with FEA (finite element analysis) software
- Field tested on shop test engines and in real-world test vehicles
- Backed by a no-hassle warranty and return policy
- Tech support before, during and after the sale
- GM made a fantastic engine with the LS design, but they didn’t always put the accessories in the best location for us engine-swapping hotrodders.
By locating the AC compressor just outside the passenger side cylinder head you solve the possible frame clearance issues with chassis such as:
- 1st Gen (1967-69)
- 2nd Gen (1970-81)
- 3rd Gen (1982-92)
- Chevelle (and other A-body cars, 1964-77)
- Malibu (and other G-Body cars, 1978-88)
- Full size Chevy pickups (1955+)
- S10 pickups and S10 Blazers (1982-2004)
- Many OEM AC compressors are a “variable displacement” design and don’t work well with older OEM or aftermarket AC systems
- The OEM compressors have a 4-groove pulley instead of the 6-groove needed when moving the compressor to a higher location
- Sanden is the aftermarket standard for AC compressors, recommended by most major AC manufacturers
Teams up perfectly with our alternator/power-steering bracket K10167
Works with your OEM alternator/power-steering bracket
- Camaro F-Body (1998-2002)
- GTO (2004-06)
(8am to 6pm CST)